DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 30, 2019 at 23:59 BEIRUT TIME (GMT +3).
The Middle East Photograph Preservation Initiative is seeking grant applications from its Alumni to address photograph preservation in the Middle East, Turkey and Iran. Projects proposals to focus on studying and/or improving the preservation of photographic collections, digitization of photographs, accessibility, and care of photographs.
With a unique focus on photographic preservation, this open call encourages applications with engaging formats ranging from workshops, podcasts, research papers, talks, and video tutorials.
A sum of USD2000/- will be awarded per winning project. A total of 3 projects will be selected by a panel of MEPPI Partners.
Click here to know more about the Middle East Photograph Preservation Initiative.
- Anticipated date for announcing the recipients and awarded projects is December 10, 2019.
- Application deadline is November 15, 2019 at 23:59 Beirut time (GMT +3).
- Grant applicant to be a MEPPI Alumni; observers included.
- Application to be endorsed by the applicant’s institution.
- Applicants may submit several projects. Each application should be sent separately.
- Project to be produced in the Middle East, Turkey, & Iran.
- Kathleen Dardes, Head, Collections, The Getty Conservation Institute
- Debra Hess Norris, Chair and Professor of Photograph Conservation, Department of Art Conservation, University of Delaware
- Nora Kennedy, Sherman Fairchild Conservator in Charge, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Marc Mouarkech, Director, Arab Image Foundation
- Rawad Isaiah J. Bou Malhab, Project Manager, Middle East Photograph Preservation Initiative